Becoming more aware

Hi all! I’m William and I just graduated from my undergrad at MIT and am now doing the one year Master’s in Engineering program in the Electrical Engineering and Computer Science department. Although I do enjoy technology and the sciences, I am also really into the social sciences and analyzing human behavior. I am currently conducting research at the MIT Laboratory for Information and Decision Systems (LIDS) into exploring how we can quantify the willingness of electric vehicles owners to enroll in smart charging programs for their cars.

I have always been a tech enthusiast- I am an avid reader of macrumors.com and occasionally visit engadget.com for leisure. I decided to take this class because I am interested in becoming more aware of how technology can negative effects in people’s lives and how to best avoid these. I want to take the class so I can become a more aware person in this respect. In addition, I reviewed the topics of discussion of the class, all of which seem very interesting. I also hope to learn from the experiences of the other students in the class, which all seem to hail from unique and very interesting roots.